The entire stake (8 wards) meet together in the chapel for the opening. Each ward is then called individually for the baptism and then they meet alone for the confirmation. This month there were only 4 children being bapized, so it went really smoothly. We are in the Smithfield 16th ward and we were last. Allen baptized Kaylynn, Dennis and Grandpa Dawes were the witnesses. It was a beautiful day. Dennis, Jason & Rachel, Mike & Kimberly, Dayna & Morgan McKinnon, Nathan, Natalie &Wes,Grandpa Dawes and cousins came. We missed all those family members that live to far away to come. I wish distance wasn't the problem that it is. I was secretly hoping Mom and Dad would surprise us again, but I know that would have been difficult.

I will truely miss Jason when he moves. It makes me sad just thinking about it. Jason was 10 years old when I left for college. He came to USU for several years and lived with us and I treasure those times. It was wonderful to have him around and get to know him. An added benefit was that he fixed a ton of stuff for us. It got to the point if something broke, Tyler would find Jason and tell him. He and his family will be moving to Texas this summer so my time with him is limited. I was very grateful he and his family came for the week-end. It was great having them.
Dennis received this tie for his birthday. I didn't realize he wears the extra long ones. He said it was the perfect tie for sweaters. Dennis has a great sense of humor and was willing to display his gift. (Don't worry, he wore it under the sweater for the meetings). We are glad Dennis will still be around.

Kaylynn asked Nathan to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. He did a great job! He shared some scriptures that described the gifts/titles the Holy Ghost has. One was the Comforter. He gave this blanket to Kaylynn and shared how the Holy Ghost gives us comfort just like a warm blanket. It was really good to be reminded how important the Holy Ghost is and the gifts that we have when He is with us. We all missed the physical presence of Grandma Dawes. In my morning prayers I asked Heavenly Father to allow her to witness this special event in Kaylynn's life. I know that my prayer was answered and her presence was felt by many. Special times like that day is when I miss her most.









No comments:
Post a Comment