Friday, May 17, 2013

Tyler's Band Concert

Tyler had his final band concert at North Cache Wednesday night.  I was one proud Mama!!  Three students earned the Outstanding Bandsman Award, and Tyler was one of them.  Oh - he makes me proud.  He was given the award for his willingness to help and go the extra mile.  He was always in the band room setting up and putting away.  After every concert we are the last to leave, because Tyler wants to stay and help put things away.  I was a little sad that he has chosen not to play in band next year.  There are so many electives offered at the high school and Tyler wanted to try other things.  His current band instructors gave him a hard time when they found out he is not continuing.  I am glad Tyler gave band a try, it has been nice to hear the clarinet in the home.  It brought back lots of memories of my own high school concert and marching band.  I played the clarinet also and Tyler used the one I had.  Hopefully he'll pull it out every once in awhile.

Mr.  Monday, Tyler , Mr. Peterson 
Tyler's name is on the plaque at school.

North Cache Band 2012-13
Outstanding Bandsman
Tyler Dawes

No comments:

Post a Comment