Monday, July 25, 2011

Family Garden Night

The kids were not very excited about the Thursday night activity.  When telling them it was a night to have fun together all their ideas were very different than mine.  They were informed that after dinner we would be working in the garden!!!  I was very excited about it and find working in the garden to be relaxing and very enjoyable.  My children did not have the same thoughts, but we did have a fun time outside.  Before heading to the garden we did have to go to Logan to retrieve my wonderful husband from work.  He took the bus into work every day this last week because Diane and Joseph borrowed our car to go to Boise.  The last bus leaves at 5:45 and after getting on the bus, Allen realized it was the WRONG one.  He enjoyed a nice ride around the University and called me to come get him.  We all had a good laugh.  Anyway - it was a cooler night out and all the kids worked together well.  Tyler called to weed the tomatoes.  He pounded more stakes in to secure the tomatoes with.



The girls helped pick the peas and Kaylynn loved snacking on them.

Joslynn loves peas, unfortunaley she likes to eat the pod to get to the peas. 
Allen weed wacked ( because he LOVES that job and does it so well!) the weeds in the field behind our house which made pulling all the weeds off the fence much easier.
These are my pepper, beans, carrots and onions and potatoes in the way back.  My peppers are ready, but the tomatoes are not.  We have had 2 tomatoes, a zucchini, peas, beans and beets from the garden.  I bottled 6 pints of pickled beets on Thursday.  Yummy!!  I have 1 quart bag of frozen peas and the beans I shared with a neighbor.  I hope to have more beans because I need to get some canned this year.
My good little helpers.  I will miss them when they leave for New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment