Sunday, September 4, 2011

Baby Blessing

Allen's sister, Natalie, blessed their baby today at church, followed by lunch at their house.  It was a nice day, but Allen's mom was grately missed.  She passed away two years ago in November.  Whenever the family gets together it makes me miss her more.  The  grandkids loved Grandma Dawes.  She made time for them and made them feel important.  They all would swarm around her for the craft project that she prepared.  I loved to hear Beverly laugh.  She would always remind us to "walk in the light, remember who you are and what you stand for".  She made me want to be a better person and I am grateful for the things she taught me.  She loved the scriptures and shared her testimony oftern with my children.  I will always be grateful for the wonderful son she raised and for the chance I have to be married to him.  Her physical presence was missed, but I believe her spirit was with us today.  I know that I have a loving Heavenly Father and I believe that he allows loved ones to return to witness important events in their children's lives.  I look forward to being reunited with her again in the next life.  Until then - I am grateful for the memories I have of her.


Allen, Mike, Nathan, Wes (Natalie's husband with David), Allen's Dad, Wes's Dad, Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment