These are next year's meat. We started out with three calves, but unfornately one died. My Dad always says if you have live stock, you have dead stock. My aunt bottle feed them for three months and then we moved them up to the property in Preston. I only wish I owned more land so I could take care off them. I quite enjoy feeding them; it brings back good childhood memories. Whenever I am in Preston, I take my turn to feed them. My goal is to someday own some more land.
This is the shed that my brother, Jason, built for us to use for the steers.. He was very kind in taking over, because the we really didn't have a clue what we were doing. It provides shelter in the winter and on rainy days. When my dad came to visit a couple of years ago he built a manger to feed them hay during the winter.




No comments:
Post a Comment