Absolutely AMAZING!! We went to Music and the Spoken Word at the Conference Center Sunday morning and it was wonderful. The choir had spent the last three nights preforming their Christmas program and after the Spoken Word they preformed a mini concert for the crowd. It was beautiful. I don't think anything is as beautiful or invites the spirit as much as the choir singing songs about our Savior. It was very touching. I am so excited for this Christmas season and the time to reflect and think about my Savior. I love the new movie the church has about Christ's birth, "A Gift to the World" (http://www.lds.org/ click on bible videos). I love the Savior and am grateful for the blessings and miracles that he has preformed in my personal life. I want my children to develop a testimony and love of Him and know they will be wonderful people if they do. As I read about Christ, I will become more like Him and will recognize Him when He comes again. What a marvelous time that will be!!
After the program was finished, Allen, Ashley, Kaylynn and I walked around Temple Square, saw the manger scene, looked at lights and then went to church with Allen's Dad. Tyler stayed at Grandpa Dawes' home and watched the two younger girls. On our way back home we drove through Salt Lake again so all the kiddos could see the lights. It was cold and none of the kids wanted to get out of the car, which was fine with Allen and I.
The Conference Center is an amazing place. The girls loved this tree and the large snowflakes on them. It was beautiful, along with everything else the Church does.





No comments:
Post a Comment