Saturday, October 4, 2014

Kitchen- Phase 2

It was a wonderful day to paint.  There were a couple late nights, but it was well worth it.  The walls in the kitchen were painted spice delight (a pretty yellow color), and weeping willow below the chair rail.  I also painted the living room revere pewter.  I figured since the paint supplies were out, I might as well do it all.


I was so excited for the cabinets to come!!  We decided to go with Willow Brook cabinets.  The owner is our old stake president and knew he would do an excellent job.  He was also the quickest with the quote and the most helpful with decisions and suggestions of what to do.  We decided not to replace the L shape, instead extending down the exterior wall.  They arrived at 8:30 in the morning and were finished by 5pm.  When they were done,  Cache Valley countertops came to measure and a week later we had coutertops.



 The wonderful new pantry!!



After the counters were in we could get the floor installed.  We had laminate flooing installed, so the cabinets had to be placed first.  The night before I tore up the remaining old laminate in the dining and hallway.   The floor man came the next day and installed the new floor. The counter tops came the next week and then the plumber came to hook up the new sink and dishwasher.  I was thrilled to get the sink.  We were pretty tired of doing dishes in the bathroom.  It was perfect timing on completion because the next day my peaches were ready and the girls and I bottled 56 quarts!!  That would have been to difficult to do in the bathroom!  We love the new kitchen and are grateful to Heavenly Father that completion was in time to do some canning.  Things "did work out".





My wonderful brother, Jason, came for a visit and I  put him to work!!  I had a long list of jobs and he was very good and completed everything.  The first item was the microwave.


Hooking up the electrical aspect of the dishwasher

No comments:

Post a Comment